Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Day 27

Today has been all about connecting! My girl is home! Spent time with her, catching up!  Had a wonderful conversation with my brother Jon.  A wonderful conversation with my other girl, Sarah.  Got a call from Becca as her and Andrew were on their way to Asheville. It was so nice to hear from them too. 

Right now I am watching the first game of the World Series. The Cardinals are playing.  24 years ago I was also watching the first game of the World Series and the Cardinals were playing. It was also my first date, with Chris. Today as I was looking for a picture to put in the girls room, I came across a picture of us taken that night. It took my breath away!  Not that we were so cute, or young.  It took my breath away, thinking about how that night 24 years ago we started the process of falling in love, and becoming best friends. That night all I knew was how flattered I was by his persistence, his attention to detail, his care of me. That night I had know idea I had met the love of my life. 

Chris has been a constant source of joy. He has loved me just as I am, forgiven me over and over, and patiently loved me while I clung to (C).  People always say you should want to change and improve for yourself.  Not others. I can honestly say, a huge part of this journey is for my man! Not because he is demanding, or asking.  I am wanting this journey to have a profound change in my life so I am free to love him more! As we sit here on the couch watching the game, (both on our computers :)) I am overwhelmed with love for Chris.  He is honorable, always kind, an amazing father, funny, unselfish, wise, creative, an amazing chef, an unselfish lover, and brave to support me in this journey. (Who knows what I might say next!) More than anything I am honored and humbled that he choose me.

When I saw that picture this afternoon,  I looked at myself in that photo and said, "wow you had no idea the great love getting ready to be yours".  I am thankful for the 24 amazing years! We are cheering for the cardinals...Yea they just won the first game!

No comments: