Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Day 34 People...(C)

Last night I was so tired, my blog just drifted off with me! So here is a little bit of a continuation.

So after contemplating this whole idea of perfectionism, I have tried to spend the day making sure if something was overwhelming to stop and just make myself start or get what I could get done and let go of the rest.  It worked.  I had a very busy productive day. Brought my grandparents food, ran some errands, wrote an article, picked a theme for Academy Days and had a wonderful conversation with my cousin Geoff. It was a day of doing what I needed to do, yet finding small moments in time to soak up the joy of connection.

It was so nice talking with my cousin! Such a delight.  He is an intelligent warm man.  It was really a special time.  Family is so much fun.  We are so different, Geoff and I, and yet mutually love and respect each other.  Our conversation was uplifting and energizing.  I love connecting with people! There is something profoundly revitalizing about conversing, sharing ideas and stories. It gives me strength. When I feel close to people, I feel stronger.  When I am around people who are filled with joy it lightens my heart. 

I realized tonight there is some (C) in my life disguised as people.  That might sound mean, (I guess it is), but there are people who just like to fling (C). They seem to wear it, find it and can't wait to share it with everyone around them.  I am going to try my best to be willing, to let them go.  I am not going to feel guilt at not nurturing the relationship.  I am not going to think I can fix it.  Most of my life I have believed, I needed to figure out a way to stand there while they sling the (C) and not get stinky.  Or I wanted to clean them up, while they continue to accept more and more of it.  I can't clean up anyone else s (C).  I can't surround myself with people who like slinging it and not stink myself.  It is not to say I won't at times be around (C) slingers but I don't need to stay!  Gossips, negative finders, rigid finger pointers and such do not need to be part of my everyday circle of friends.


Tonight I am thankful for my friends and family that would rather sit around in white fluffy terry cloth robes, with sweet smelling lotion, after a wonderful shower , than to sling (C) at each other in an enclosed area. It is so helpful for me to look at it this way.  When people are gossiping, being critical, talking bad about others, I have a hard time walking away.  I have a hard time justifying removing myself.  However if I were literally in a room and someone picked up (C) and started playing with it and slinging it around I would tell them to please stop, and if it didn't stop I would most definitely LEAVE!  Thank you all who read this blog, for being those people that energize me. Those who pray for me, even call me out when I'm slinging (C).  You are such an amazing part of my life.  I appreciate you all! 

No comments: