Thursday, October 27, 2011

Day 35

Today has been such a great day.  Perhaps just a little glimpse of what life can be in the white robe! It started by making my grandparents breakfast.  Just a simple thing, but as I was cutting up grapefruit and setting the table just as they like, (grandfathers glass on the left side of his plate so he can see it, grandmothers on the right side because that is where it goes etc. etc.) putting out the raisins, the one banana, I couldn't help but realize how much I enjoy serving those that I love by making them food.  It was an act of love, pure and simple.  I then heard the voice telling me that I should not use food to love etc... but really... God shows us love, by giving us nourishment in such a delicious way. After all he didn't have to create delicious food.  Instead we could have just hooked up to some hose in the sky and gained all the nourishment needed.  He didn't have to make food so many colors and so many flavors.  What a blessing food is! What a joy! What an experience to dine on decadent flavors, textures, and colors with loved ones.  The whole idea that I shouldn't show love through food is (C).
Then I headed out the door at 7:15 with my cousin Geoff.  We put his bike in the back seat of the car and headed to the West End Bakery for some coffee and fresh baked yummyness. As we were ordering they brought out a tray of, straight out of the oven, cinnamon rolls.  Now I will pick cinnamon rolls over almost any dessert and these were made from scratch, hot out of the oven perfection.  Geoff right away picked up on the fact that I was drooling over them and suggested we split one.  That was the perfect idea.  They were about 6 inches in diameter. Huge and wonderful.  We had our coffee, cinnamon roll, and bagles, but best of all we had great conversation.  Geoff is a shiny guy! He is so filled with joy about life. It was as refreshing as the crisp fall morning with all the beautiful colors highlighted by the sunshine. It was the perfect way to start the day.
I then headed back to the grandparents to make sure they found and ate breakfast OK.  They were just waking up, so I helped them get to breakfast and then cleaned up. Then off to work.  I worked hard, was able to be creative, work on Christmas cards (love Christmas), and accomplish a lot.  Picked up lunch for the grandparents at the cafe, dropped it off at their house and then took two guys out to Chick-fil-A.  We enjoyed conversation and shared blessings. It was a great experience.  Then back to finish my projects at work. Back at grandparents to make them a yummy and very healthy supper.  We had, white bean and kale soup, with whole wheat toast topped with fresh avocado and fresh tomatoes. It was a colorful supper. We sat in their kitchen looking out the window at the beautiful maple trees as the last of the sun danced through them.  Oh what a feast the food and the view was.
I know this process at times has seemed like a real downer.  Me fighting with piles of (C).  Today, I felt surrounded by a God who has such deep affection for his creation that he filled this world with beauty in nature, beauty in the human heart, and beauty in food.
I have been preparing for my trip to Collegedale, TN where I get to spend the night with my lover in a hotel ;) and where I get to listen to JJ Heller sing, and where I get to see all of my children.  I was listening to JJ Heller and came across a song that really spoke to me. I am posting it too!  I hope you enjoy.  I hope this finds you releshing in "True things".

No comments: