Sunday, October 9, 2011

Day 16

This Sabbath has come to an end. It is almost midnight and have yet to post for the day.  (This is for you Carolyn... not 1 but almost :)). 

This morning started with waking and baking.  Waking the 9 lovely ladies here from MPA and baking sweet rolls. Then it was off to church to lead music in two services and then enjoying potluck with some new acquaintances and old friends. There was a wonderful  poignant yet positive sermon by our pastor, Gary Tolbert, laughter with friends, beautiful weather, a nap with the window open and cool breeze blowing through our room. Wonderful intimate time with my man, and an evening filled with NOTHING! What a day. It would be easy to assume that with such a day there was no (C).
Frankly I really don't have much to post. It was a blessing filled day.  I did notice a terribly strong connection to memories and emotions to food.  Not a new revelation but something I want to look into more and better understand so that I can work on it.  I also noticed there are still lots of (C) I hear in my head while being intimate. Insecurities and lies I have believed for so long. Today, I can't say I put them down and replaced them with positive truth but I at least ignored them! Most importantly I think today I realized the difference. The difference between putting down the (C) and truly washing up, filling the void with truth which will lead to real healing, and just ignoring it.  For years with my belief that we are called to focus on the positive, I have mastered the art of ignoring the (C) when I am feeling strong, but not really getting rid of it and replacing it with truth! Then on days when I am not strong it all comes back and plagues me again.
Today was a day filled with blessings! I am thankful for my friends, my church, my work and the amazing students and faculty that come along with work! I am thankful for my husband and our marriage. I am thankful for my children who continually amaze me and for the journey that my Lord and Savior is willing to walk with me in.
"Sabbath is a happy day, happy day, happy day! Sabbath is a happy day, I love every Sabbath!" Sometimes it is just that simple!
Happy Week everyone!

No comments: