Friday, October 21, 2011

Day 29- Happy Sabbath

Happy Sabbath! Friday nights are a blessing, but never more so than when my children are home, we have a fire in the fireplace, homemade potato soup, and pumpkin pies in the oven. Music has been playing and kids have been singing.
Today I spent time trying to practice, really living with out the (C).  I went to town, with Becca and spent time with Beth instead of cleaning my kitchen, (relationships more important than a clean kitchen). I ate good healthy food, but also enjoyed the potato soup with milk and sour cream without a bit of guilt. There were brief moments of regression when a group of teenagers dropped by unexpectedly. The state of my house was slightly concerning to me, however my family kept telling me to, "put down the crap".  I did! I have to admit I have enjoyed the company, the fellowship without stressing about what people might think of me and feeling surprisingly alright. I am expecting Sarah and her boy friend anytime and I still am rather calm about the state of this house.  I don't have all the cooking done, but we won't go hungry.  I know today, spending time with family, was the right plan for this day.
I feel calm.  I had wonderful, meaningful, connecting conversations with people I love and I am looking forward to even more tomorrow. 
I have a long way to go, but today I think I am perhaps a step closer to learning how to live in a clean white robe with sweet smelling lotion on, instead of holding onto a big old pile of crap!
To Andrew, Anna, Becca, Beth, and Chris I thank you for being the most important part of my day! I am very excited to see Sarah and Kevin when they arrive! 
"Wash me white as snow Lord. Free me. May I live only for you!"

No comments: